(1) DA Form 2408-5, Equipment Modification Record.
(2) DA Form 2408-13, Aircraft Inspection and Maintenance Record.
(3) DA Form 2408-15, Historical Record for Aircraft.
(4) DA Form 2408-16, Aircraft Compnent Historical Record.
(5) DA Form 2408-18, Equipment Inspection List.
(1) Adapter serial numbers are located in the barrel section of
the inboard adapter (TM 55-1520-240-23P-1, Figure 199, Item 195) and on
the side of a lug on the outboard, adapter (Item 181).
(2) Driveshaft assemblies with both adapter serial numbers ending
with "E.B." (Edge Break) shall be identified as 145D3500-15. Drive shaft
assemblies without "E.B." behind both adapter serial numbers shall be
identified as 145D3500-12 when the provisions of paragraph 10 have been
(3) The dash number of the shaft assembly shown on its tube shall
be repainted to the new dash number.
15. PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PROPOSAL (PIP) NUMBER. This MWO is authorized by
PIP number 1-86-01-0861.
Application of this MWO can easily be
16. MODIFICATION IDENTIFICATION.
identified by looking at the cross-shaft bolts. If the bolts have a hole
or hollowed out end then this MWO has not been complied with. If the bolts
are solid then this MWO has been completed.
By Order of the Secretary of the Army:
GeneraI, United States Army
Chief of Staff
Brigadier General, United States Army
The Adjutant General
To be distributed in accordance with DA Form 12-31, AVUM Maintenance require-
ments for CH-47D Helicopter, Cargo Transport.
U. S. Government Printing Office: 1987-754-043/61025