Failure to close the Unisex valves at the
ERFS II tank end of the single point pres-
sure refueling hose assembly could allow
suctioning of fuel from the helicopter main
fuel tanks during FARE operations.
O f. Single Point Pressure Refueling Hose
Assembly Check connection security;
Unisex valve at ERFS II Tank CLOSE.
g. Electrical Harness Check connection
security of J1.
h. Fuel Quantity Sensing Wiring Harness
Check connection security of J2.
i. Fuel/Defuel Vent Valve Check in the
Failure to remove water and contaminants
from the ERFS II tank sump could result in
contaminants being transferred to the
helicopter fuel tanks or other aircraft or
equipment during FARE operations. If wa-
ter and contaminants are not removed, a
loss of engine power may result.
j. ERFS II Tank Sump Fuel Sample
Check before first flight of the day.
k. Filler Cap Check in place, closed, and
l. ERFS II FUEL CONTROL PANEL
Check or set as follows:
(1) Electrical Harness-Helicopter Re-
ceptacles to Fuel Control Panel
Check connection security of J5.
Panel to Tank Assembly Check
connection security of J1, J2, and J3.
(3) Wiring Harness-Fuel Quantity Sens-
ing Check connection security of
(4) PUMP AC circuit breaker six (6)
each Check in reset position on
TANK 1, TANK 2, and TANK 3 (if
(5) PANEL POWER circuit breaker
Check in reset position.
(6) PANEL LIGHTING circuit breaker
Check in reset position.
(7) PUMP switches OFF on TANK 1,
TANK 2, and TANK 3.
(8) PRESS LOW lights three (3) each
Press to test (Aircraft power must be
on to illuminate).
(9) REFUEL VALVE Check CLOSE.
(10) PANEL illumination switch/rheostat
(11) FUEL QUANTITY switch Set to 1,
2, 3, and TOTAL to check fuel quan-
tity in each tank (Aircraft power must
be on to illuminate).
8-2-9. Aft Cabin.
1. Ramp Check.
2. Engine fire extinguisher bottles Check.
3. POWER STEERING MODULE Check
pressure 2500 to 3500 psi.
P3 drain Check
5. FUEL VALVE #2 ENGINE Check OPEN.
6. FUEL VALVE CROSSFEED (right)
7. HYD SYS FILL module Check condition,
fluid level, cover secure, and valve closed.
* 8. APU start accumulators Check pressures.
If pressure is less than 3,000 psi, pressurize
the system with the hand pump before at-
tempting to start the APU.
* 9. MAINTENANCE PANEL Check for tripped
BITE indicators and hydraulic fluid levels.
O 10. AFT POS LIGHT switch Set as required.
O 11. PWR MDL CHIP BURN-OFF Check for
condition and security.
* 12. Aft transmission Check as follows:
a. Oil level.
b. Filter button.
c. Oil cooler.
d. Secure doors.
13. APU Check.
14. EMERGENCY APU FLUID SHUT OFF
VALVE Check OPEN.
15. COMPASS FLUX VALVE Check.
16. FUEL VALVE CROSSFEED (left) Check
17. FUEL VALVE #1 ENGINE Check OPEN.