6. If adjustment is necessary, turn adjusting screw
on the fuel control 1/8 turn increments. If the
bleed band is closing too soon, turn the adjusting
screw counterclockwise to increase the N1
speed at which the bleed band closes. if the
bleed band closes too late, turn the adjusting
screw clockwise to decrease the N1 at which the
bleed band opens.
The adjustment of the interstage air-bleed system
shall be recorded in the fuel control service record.
One full revolution of the adjustment screw equals
approximately 5 percent N1.
7. EMERG ENG TRIM AUTO, to restore normal
operation if required.
8. Repeat steps 1 through 7 for second engine if
9. Regain 100% rpm upon completion of check.
N. AFCS CHECK.
1. AFCS SYSTEM SEL switch OFF.
a. NO. 1 & NO. 2 AFCS caution lights ON.
b. Controls centered, longitudinal Neutral
(N) on longitudinal stick position indicator.
2. AFCS SYSTEM SEL NO. 1.
a. NO. 2 AFCS OFF caution light ON.
3. AFCS SYSTEM SEL BOTH.
a. NO. 1 & NO. 2 AFCS OFF caution lights off.
4. AFCS SYSTEM SEL NO. 2.
a. NO. 1 AFCS OFF caution light on.