ENGINE RUN UP
If the heater is operating, set the HEATER
switch to VENT BLOWER ONLY and allow two
minutes for the heater to purge. This
procedure will prevent a possible heater fire
when generator power is lost in the following
1. HEATER switch OFF. Allow 2 minutes with
HEATER switch in VENT BLOWER ONLY if
heater has been in operation.
2. Generators Check operation.
a. Generator-rectifier, crosstie operation
Check as follows:
(1) NO. 1 GEN switch OFF. Check the
NO. 1 GEN OFF caution light comes on
and the NO. 1 RECT OFF caution light
remains off. NO. 1 GEN switch
TEST. Check that the NO. 1 GEN
caution light goes out. NO. 1 GEN
switch ON. Check that the NO. 1
GEN OFF caution light is out.
(2) Repeat step (1) for NO. 2 GEN.
b. Underfrequency cutoff Check as follows:
712 EAPS ENG 1 and ENG 2 FAN
(2) 712 ENG BEEP TRIM switch (No. 1 &
2) Full decrease.
(3) ENGINE COND lever No. 2