6. Before starting, read the entire task. Familiarize yourself with the entire procedure before beginning the
7. As you read, pay attention to WARNINGS, CAUTIONS, and N O T E S.
8. When the word INSPECT is in your procedures, an inspector must ok the completed step(s).
9. Major steps and key words are printed in boldface for experienced repairers.
10. A glossary is on page 1-87. It lists the abbreviations, special words and terms used in this manual and
gives their meaning.
11. When a special tool is used or a common tool is used in an unusual way, the use of the tool will be
12. When a block states, Repair or replace wire as required., refer to TM 55-1500-323-24 for recommend-
ed maintenance practices.
13. Voltages specified in blocks are nominal values unless a range is given. These nominal values and their
acceptable ranges are as follows:
24 to 30
24 to 28
24 VDC (Battery)
20 to 24
4 to 6
110 to 120
14 In the event of the necessity to add or replace electrical wiring, the colors of wire received from supply
may not be the same as the original wire colors. Use wire numbers only for identification of wires. Tag or
identify wires by proper number when disconnecting or replacing.
AIRCRAFT MODIFICATION (ECP/MWO) RETROFIT INFORMATION
Throughout this manual, black squares containing white numerals are used to distinguish information relating to
helicopters modified by an MWO or ECP. Refer to Helicopter Configuration Legend on the following pages for
specific modification and effectivities relating to each numeral. A list of delivered helicopters serial numbers is
included with the legend.
Information pertaining only to unmodified helicopters is identified by the appropriate effectivity symbol preced-
ed by WITHOUT. For example, WITHOUT indicates that the information that follows is applicable only to
helicopters not modified by ECP DO 18. Information pertaining only to helicopters that have been modified by
ECP DO 18 is preceded by WITH . All information not preceded by an effectivity symbol is common to all
The following helicopter Designation Legend pages are solely for user convenience. They have no official
DELIVERED HELICOPTER SERIAL NUMBERS
8 1 - 2 3 3 82
8 2 - 2 3 7 62
8 3 - 2 4 1 02
8 1 - 2 3 3 89
8 2 - 2 3 7 80
8 3 - 2 4 1 25
GO TO NEXT PAGE