Figure 4-1-10. Symbol Generator Test Mode
4-1-36. Programming Procedures.
The programming procedure for the pilot and
copilot is identical except for the location of
controls on the CCU.
1. Select mode to be programmed (1N
through 4N). The first mode that will appear
is 1N (Normal Mode 1).
2. P-PGM/CP-PGM/OPR switch P-PGM or
3. PROG blinking in display Check. Verify
that a complete set of symbology is dis-
played and attitude reference symbol is
blinking. Verify PGM is displayed in the
HUD FAIL message location for the DU not
4. BIT/ACK switch ACK to program the full
display or go to step 5 and select desired
5. PGM SEL/NXT control SEL to select
symbol. Selected symbol stops blinking. If
symbol is not desired, toggle switch to NXT
and the symbol will disappear.
All symbols have been programmed when the
PROG annunciator is the only symbol flash-
6. BIT/ACK switch ACK. (Hold switch to
ACK for one second.)
7. OK displayed Check. (OK will be
displayed for two seconds.)
If programming is not accepted, FAIL will be
displayed. If a fail message is displayed, at-
tempt to reprogram the same mode, if fail re-
appears notify maintenance.
Declutter mode is recognized by flashing
ground speed indicator in lieu of attitude refer-