8. MODE 1-4/DCLT switch DCLT (1D
through 4D). The first DCLT mode that will
appear is 1D (Declutter Mode 1).
If MODE 1-4/DCLT switch is toggled to DCLT
a second time the display will cycle back to the
DCLTs normal mode (1N-4N). The MODE
1-4/DCLT switch must be set to MODE 1-4 to
advance to another normal mode.
9. Repeat steps 4 through 7, for declutter.
10. Mode 1-4/DCLT switch As required.
11. Repeat steps 4 through 10 until all desired
modes are programmed.
12. P-PGM/CP-PGM/OP switch OP.
An improperly adjusted barometric altim-
eter will result in an improperly set HUD
barometric altitude display.
Barometric altimeter set to the most current
altimeter settings, field elevation.
4-1-37. Adjustment of Barometric Altitude, Pitch,
1. Ensure P-PGM/OP/CP-PGM switch is in
the OP position.
2. ADJ/ON/OFF switch Pull and set to ADJ.
Changes to barometric altimeter settings will
require a corresponding change to the HUD
barometric altitude. Each 0.01 inch change in
pressure equals 10 feet.
3. ADJ blinking in display Check.
4. INC/DEC switch As required for BARO
5. BIT/ACK switch ACK.
6. Repeat steps 3 through 5 for pitch and roll.
7. ADJ/ON/OFF switch ON.
4-1-38. In-flight Operation.
Whenever the symbology displayed in the
DU is suspected of being incorrect the pi-
lot will compare the data with the aircraft
instrument indicator and take appropriate
Excessive brightness of the symbology
display may impair vision outside the
Interruption of electrical power, such as
change over from APU generator to NO. 1
and NO. 2 generators and vice versa, will
cause DU to default to minimum bright-
ness and normal MODE 1N. Any adjust-
ments made to the barometric altitude,
pitch and roll prior to flight will be lost,
thereby decreasing the accuracy of the
barometric altitude, pitch and roll.
1. BRT/DIM switch As desired.
Whenever the symbology is interfering with
the outside visibility, declutter may be se-
lected to remove symbology.
2. MODE 1-4/DCLT switch As required.
4-1-39. System Shutdown Procedure.
1. Set ADJ/ON/OFF switch OFF.
2. Turn off ANVIS.
CCU ADJ/ON/OFF switch must be OFF be-
fore connecting or disconnecting quick-
Do not disconnect DU by pulling on the
cable connected to the PSCU. The DU
could be damage or the cable may sepa-
rate from the PSCU creating an explosive