B BEFORE HOVER (CONT.)
8. Ground Instability Check.
F a. Ensure swivels are locked and engaged.
b. Ensure Brakes are set.
c. Lift FWD gear off the ground and check rear
d. Check flight control response all axes.
1. Flight Controls Check flight controls for
2. System Instruments Check Normal.
3. Flight Instruments Check as required.
a. VSI, barometric and radar altimeters
Indicate climb and descent.
b. Turn pointers, heading indicators and
magnetic compass Indicate turns left and
right. HIS 2_ split between pilot and copilots
indicators. Magnetic compass 5 of HSI
c. Slip indicators Ball free in the race.
d. Attitude indicators Indicate nose high,
nose low, banks left and right.
e. Airspeed indicators Check.
F 4. LCTs Check retracted.
5. Ground Contact Indicating lights check Both
6. AFCS Check first flight of the day if AFCS
MTF checks at a hover check are not going to be