B HOVER (CONT.)
(2) Operate the roll beep trim switch left
and right. Roll attitude changes shall
correspond to beep action.
e. Yaw axis test. Check yaw axis response as
(1) Apply a right pedal directional control
input of 1/2 inch. Do not operate the
magnetic brake switch.
(2) Hold this input until a heading change of
Return the pedals to trim and do not
apply any force to the pedals. The
aircraft yaw rate shall diminish. When
the rate has dropped to approximately
1.5_/second, a new heading shall be
(3) Repeat steps (1) and (2), except apply
The AFCS yaw axis heading hold function is
disabled when the SWIVEL switch is at UNLOCK
(4) Set the SWIVEL switch to UNLOCK
and repeat steps (1) thru (3). The
aircraft should not lock on to any
heading. The heading hold functions
will be inoperative.
f. Heading hold and bank angle hold check in
sideward flight. Perform as follows:
(1) SWIVEL switch LOCK.