b. Increase and stabilize airspeed at 60 knots.
(1) Record longitudinal stick position.
(2) Record lateral stick position.
(3) Record directional pedal separation.
(4) Compare pilot and copilot airspeed
2. CYCLIC TRIM Check.
a. Record initial CYCLIC TRIM indicator lift off
airspeed (Refer to Section V).
b. Increase and stabilize airspeed at 70 knots.
c. Observe that both CYCLIC Trim indicators
have moved out of the RET.
3. Speed Sweep Check.
a. Increase and stabilize airspeed at 80 knots.
b. Record longitudinal stick position.
Before selecting either AFCS, trim the helicopter
to 90 knots with both AFCS operation.
4. AFCS Evaluation.
a. Stabilize airspeed at 90 knots.
b. BARO ALT ENGAGED. Check that altitude
hold maintains altitude $100 feet during
steps c. through i.
c. Directional pedal separation Check as
(1) Insure aircraft is in trim (ball centered).
(2) AFCS SYSTEM SEL BOTH.