6-2.3 TRANSMISSION CHIP DETECTORS AND DEBRIS SCREENS OPERATIONAL CHECK (Continued)
5. Set GND switch (6) to RESET, then to GND.
Indicators (3 and 4) shall change to all-black. If any
indicator display is not all-black, go to Task 6-2.6 or 6-2.7.
CHECK FORWARD TRANSMISSION CHIP DETECTOR AND DEBRIS SCREEN INSTALLATION
6. Disconnect connector from debris detection screen
Cap holds 2 to 3 ounces of oil.
7. Hold container under cap (10). Push up center of cap
and pull down on cap edge to remove cap. Drain oil into
8. Filter drained oil through cloth (E120). Check cloth,
screen (11), and chip detector (12) for debris. Retain debris
contamination analysis. (Refer to TM 55-1520240-23.)
9. Connect connector to cap (10).
Be careful when placing jumper wire on
screen. Rough handling could damage
10. Place a jumper wire across at least four consecutive
FWD TRANSMISSION DEBRIS SCREEN indicator (13)
wires on the inside mesh of screen (11).
shall change to black-and-white fan. If it does not, go to
11. Remove jumper wire from debris screen. Place
XMSN CHIP DET (Without 74) XMSN CHIP DETR (With
jumper wire across gap of chip detector (12).
74) capsule (9) shall come on. FWD TRANSMISSION
CHIP DETECTOR indicator (14) shall change to black-
and-white fan. If capsule (9) does not come on or indicator
(14) does not change display, go to Task 6-2.12.
12. Remove jumper wire .
XMSN CHIP DET (Without 74)XMSN CHIP DETR (With
74) capsule (9) shall go out.
13. Set GND switch (6) to RESET, then to GND.
Indicators (13 and 14) shall change to all-black.
14. Install debris detection screen cap (10).
GO TO NEXT PAGE
Change 17 6-33