(3) With the MODE switch in UTM, the
DISPLAY switch in GS/TK and the
FLY-TO-DEST thumbwheel in position
0, take off and observe that MEM and
MAL lights are extinguished and
ground-speed (GS) and track angle
(TK) are reasonable.
DIST/BRG/TIME and FLY-TO-DEST
thumbwheel to position 1.
(5) Fly over the initial checkpoint (CP-1) on
a heading for the first destination
checkpoint (CP-3). As CP-1 is flown
over, depress, first the KYBD key then
the ENTR key.
(6) Set the FLY-TO-DEST thumbwheel to
(7) Use the track angle error (TKE) display,
independent NAV aid, to steer the
helicopter to the first (CP-3) destination.
(8) As the first (CP-3) checkpoint is
located, change the helicopter heading
as necessary to fly over the checkpoint.
Set the DISPLAY switch to PP and
depress KYBD as the checkpoint is
present position coordinates or depress
(9) For leg number 2, steer the helicopter
and fly over checkpoint CP-3 on a
heading for destination checkpoint
CP-4. Set the DISPLAY switch to
DIST/BRG/TIME and as CP-3 is flown
over, depress the KYBD key and then