* 6. Forward transmission Check oil level, filter
button, and oil cooler condition.
* 7. Forward transmission oil cooler inlet
Check for obstructions.
8. Fuel sample Check before first flight of the
8-2-7. Interior Check.
8-2-8. Forward Cabin.
1. Flight control closet Check ILCA actuators
for extended jam buttons and thrust idler as-
semblies for bent cracked arms. Check ILCA
connecting link for cracks or displaced bear-
2. Heater compartment Check security of
components and winch.
3. Emergency escape axe Check condition
4. Cabin door Check condition and security.
5. Avionics equipment Check security of
components and connections. Determine
whether both pilots displacement gyros are
6. Fire extinguisher Check seal intact, DD
Form 1574/1574-1, and security.
7. Cabin escape panel Check condition and
8. Transformer-rectifier air intake screens
Check both clear. A transformer-rectifier may
fail if rags or other items stowed behind troop
seats block the air intakes.
9. Seats, litters, first aid kits, cargo and jettison-
able cabin windows Check condition and
10. Utility hatch door and lower rescue door
Check condition and position as required.
11. Center cargo hook Check condition and
position as required. Check 2,000 - 2,100 psi
stowed, manual release mechanism for prop-
er cam position and latched.
Do not lift or rotate the center cargo hook
into the cabin area or allow the mid hook to
lay on the cargo floor or access door panel
during inspection or use. The excessive ten-
sion placed on the triple emergency release
cable housing assembly may partially dis-
lodge the housing and engage or activate the
forward and aft hook emergency release me-
chanism. This may cause an inadvertent re-
lease of loaded forward and aft hook assem-
blies in flight.
12. Forward, center and aft cargo hook release
lever Check for security and stowed.
DECU Check Condition.
O 14. EAPS Control Boxes Check condition
O 15. ERFS installed Check the following:
a. All fuel manifold lines, electrical lines,
grounding cables, and vent lines to en-
sure that they are properly secured and
b. Fuel manifold lines and tiedown straps
for chafing. Tank tiedown straps for secu-
c. Ensure ERFS tanks are properly fueled,
580 GALLONS MAXIMUM PER TANK.
d. ERFS tanks for leakage.
LO 16. ERFS II installed For each installed
ERFS II tank assembly check the following:
a. Tank Restraint Assembly Check loca-
tion and security.
b. Cavity Overboard Drain Check con-
nection and security of drain in use.
Check drain not in use capped.
c. Grounding Cable Check connection
d. Vent Hose Assembly Check connec-
tion security. Ensure dust cover is secure
on retention strap and connection to dust
cap stowage connector.
O e. Fuel Transfer Hose Assembly Check
connection security; all Unisex valves