(3) BRK STEER switch ON. Cover
(4) RAMP PWR switch ON.
O (5) RAMP EMER switch HOLD. Cov-
5. FIRE PULL handles In.
6. AGENT DISCH switch Check.
* 7. XMSN OIL PRESS switch SCAN.
* 8. XMSN OIL TEMP switch SCAN.
* 9. VGI switches NORM.
10. CYCLIC TRIM switch AUTO.
* 11. AFCS SYSTEM SEL switch OFF.
* 12. M-130 or AN/ALE-47 SAFE or OFF.
13. Avionics equipment OFF; set as required.
O 14. HUD OFF
EMERG ENG TRIM switches AUTO,
16. SWIVEL switch LOCK.
8-2-18. Starting Engines.
* 1. BATT switch ON
2. CAUTION LT TEST switchTEST. Check
that all caution/advisories capsules and the
two master caution lights on the instrument
panel come on. Some of the caution cap-
sules will be on before the system is
3. Clocks Running, Set as required.
F 4. TROOP WARN ALARM and JUMP LTS
Two bells, two red, two green (as required).
F* 5. Fire guard posted APU clear to start.
L* 6. APU Start as follows:
a. APU switch RUN for 3 to 5 seconds.
b. APU switch START for 2 seconds,
If the start is not completed, or the APU is
automatically shut down, wait one minute for
cooling before attempting a restart. Failure to
allow the APU to cool may cause a premature
shutdown on restart due to overtemperature.
If the start is not completed, set the APU
switch to OFF, check the BITE indicators in
the ESU, and record the display for mainte-
c. APU ON indicating light Check on.
d. UTIL HYD SYS caution Check out. If
the light does not go out within 30 sec-
onds after APU ON indicating light
comes on, APU switch OFF.
* 7. APU GEN switch ON. No. 1 and No. 2
If either HYD FLT CONTR caution capsule does
not go out in 30 seconds, after the PWR XFER
switches are set to ON, set the PWR XFER
switch to OFF. Do not fly the helicopter.
* 8. PWR XFER Check. PWR XFER 1 and 2
switches ON. Check HYD FLT CONTR
caution capsules out.
F* 9. MAINTENANCE PANEL Check.
a. GND switch TEST, then RESET.
b. GROUND CONTACT indicating lights
c. Systems Normal.
* 10. Avionics On as required.
O 11. HUD ON. As required.
LF 12. CARGO HOOKS HOIST/WINCH Check
operation as required. Refer to Chapter 4,
F 13. ANTI-ICE systems Check as required.
a. PITOT switch ON. Physically check for
pitot tube and yaw port heat. Then switch
b. W/S switches ON. Physically check for
windshield heat. Then switch OFF.
14. SLT-FIL switches Check and set as re-
* 15. PARKING BRAKE Set.
16. CRUISE GUIDE indicator Check for pointer
in white test band when the CGI TEST switch
is at FWD and AFT TEST.
F* 17. Altimeters Set and check as follows:
a. Barometric altimeter Set and check.
b. Radar altimeter ON and set.
18. FIRE DETR switch TEST. Check fire warn-
ing lights on, release switch, and check fire
warning lights out.
* 19. Fuel quantity Check as required.