3. HSI and Magnetic Compass.
a. HSI synchronized.
b. Magnetic compass $5_ of HSI.
c. 2_ maximum difference between pilot and
a. Tuning, reception, and volume.
b. HSI MODE SELECT panel VOR SEL and
CMD SEL engaged and lit.
c. HSI MODE SELECT panel VOR ADF
engaged and lit.
d. No. 2 pointer on HSI $3_ of correct
magnetic course to station.
e. Note course direction on HSI.
(1) Centered when on selected VOR
(2) 10_ off-course gives full deviation bar
f. Station passage.
g. Total No. 2 pointer fluctuation 5_.
h. VOR frequency Tune to 108.00 MHz.
(1) VOR/MB TEST switch Press and
(2) On both, HSI, note TO arrow in view, the
deviation bar deflects within the $2 dot
deflection and NAV warning flags are
(3) Note all three marker beacon lights lit on
HSI MODE SELECT panel.
(4) Release TEST switch and return VOR
to operational frequency.