(3) Switch from BOTH to NO. 1 Measure
pedal adjustment required to return
aircraft to trim. Yaw correction should
not exceed 0.5 inch.
(4) AFCS SYSTEM SEL BOTH.
(5) Check NO. 2 the same as NO. 1, Yaw
correction should not exceed 0.5 inch
per system or 1.0 inch total.
d. Pitch axis Check as follows:
(1) Established trimmed airspeed and
attitude at 90 knots. Move the cyclic
stick forward, without operating the
centering devise release button. Allow
airspeed to increase to 100 knots.
return stick to trim position. Airspeed
should return to 90 knots and hold 5
(2) Repeat step (1) except move the stick
aft to decrease airspeed to 80 knots.
(3) Pitch beep trim check. While trimmed
level at 90 knots, operate the four way
switch on the cyclic stick (without
moving the stick) forward momentarily.
The aircraft shall respond smoothly and
increase airspeed. Do not allow
airspeed to exceed 100 knots.
(4) Repeat (3) using aft beep trim to attain
e. Roll axis and coordinated turn. Check roll
axis operation by trimming the helicopter to
level roll attitude at 90 knots.
(1) Trimmed attitude shall be maintained
with 3_ roll and heading within 3_.
The ball on the turn and slip indicator
shall be centered within 1/2 ball width.