16-1.4 EXTERNAL CARGO HOOK SYSTEM OPERATIONAL CHECK (Continued)
68. Manually relatch aft cargo hook. Pull down on load
Aft cargo hook shall not open.
69. Set MASTER switch (1) to RESET, then to OFF.
AFT HOOK OPEN capsule (13) and master caution lights
(24) shall go out.
70. Suspend one 20-25 pound load from each load beam
(23) on forward and aft cargo hooks.
71. Turn manual release (29) counter-clockwise on for-
Each cargo hook shall open when its release (29) is
ward and aft cargo hooks and release it.
turned and relatch closed. If load is not released, replace
72. Manually move forward cargo hook full forward.
Clearance between cable ball end (30) and arm (31) shall
Visually check clearance between cable ball end (30)
be 0 to 3/16 inch. If it is not, adjust clearance. (TM
and arm (31). Move cargo hook full aft. Visually
check clearance between cable ball end and arm.
Release cargo hook.
Failure to perform following step can
resuit in loss of external loads when
personnel injury or death.
73. Attach 15-foot rope to forward cargo hook load beam
Forward cargo hook shall not open. If it does, check
(23). Pull hook full left, then full right. Visually check
tandem hook release rigging. Adjust as required. (TM
clearance between cable ball and arm at both ex-
55-1520-240-23). Clearance between cable ball end (30)
tremes. Use inspection mirror. Remove rope.
and arm (31) shall be 0 to 3/16 inch. If it is not, adjust
clearance (TM 55-1520-240-23).
74. Visually check position of linkage (32), and compare it
If linkage position is UNLOCKED, replace cargo hook.
with placard (33).
75. Repeat steps 71 through 74 on aft cargo hook.
76. With 35 visually check clearance between center
Clearance between cable ball end (34) and quadrant (35)
cargo hook control cable ball end and quadrant.
shall be 0 to 3/32 inch. If it is not, adjust clearance
Electrical power off.
Hydraulic power off.
Center cargo hook serviced.
Center cargo hook stowed.
Center cargo hook access panel closed.
END OF TASK
Change 23 16-19