15. Upper boost actuator Check for extended
jam indicators and exposed piston rods for
16. Forward transmission Check for foreign ob-
jects, cooler condition, and fluid level..
L 17. Hydraulic compartment Check as follows:
a. Condition and security of lines and
b. No.1 flight control system accumulator for
proper indication (see figure 2-15-3).
* 18. Forward rotor (left side) Check same as aft
19. Brake accumulator pressure Check 600 to
* 20. Pylon fairings, work platforms, and inspection
panels Check secure.
* 21. Top of fuselage Check for foreign objects.
Failure to remove fuel vent covers may cause
fuel tanks to collapse while in use under certain
O 22. Remove the fuel vent covers (3) (if installed)
before using ERFS.
8-2-16. Walk Around Check and Security Brief.
* 1. All access doors Check secure.
* 2. Tie downs, locking devices, covers, and
ground cables Removed and secured.
The cockpit, forward transmission, flight con-
trol, and avionics compartment soundproof-
ing should be installed during normal aircraft
operation to reduce noise levels in the crew
and passenger areas and to aid in venting of
transmission heat and fumes.
* 3. Cockpit, forward transmission, and forward
cabin area soundproofing installed.
* 4. Crew/passenger briefing Complete as re-
8-2-17. Before Starting Engines.
1. Pedal adjustment Matched. Check that
yaw pedals are adjusted equally and that ad-
justment pins are in the same hole position.
Uneven pedal adjustment can cause droop
stop pounding during engine start and ground
2. Shoulder harness locks Check operation
and leave unlocked.
* 3. No. 1 and No. 2 PDPs Check all circuit
breakers in and gang bar up.
L* 4. Overhead switches and control panels. Set as
O* a. EAPS ENG 1 and ENG 2 FAN switches
OFF. DOORS Close.
* b. EXT LTG switches As required.
c. CPLT LTG switches As required.
d. COMPASS switch As required.
e. TROOP WARN switches OFF.
f. HTG switches As required.
g. W/S WIPER switch OFF.
h. ELECT switches OFF.
* i. LTG switches As required.
* j. FUEL CONTR switches Set as follows:
(1) XFEED switch CLOSE.
(2) REFUEL STA switch OFF.
(3) ALL FUEL PUMP switches OFF.
START switches OFF.
l. ENG COND levers STOP.
FADEC switches Check or
set as follows:
(1) NR% switch 100%.
(2) 1 and 2 PRI/REV switches PRI.
(3) B/U PWR switch OFF.
(4) LOAD SHARE switch TRQ.
n. INTR LTG switches As required.
o. PLT LTG switches As required.
p. ANTI-ICE switches OFF.
q. HOIST switches OFF.
r. CARGO HOOK switches Set as fol-
(1) MSTR switch OFF.
(2) HOOK SEL switch As required.
(3) EMERG REL ALL switch OFF.
s. HYD switches Set as follows:
(1) PWR XFER switches OFF.
(2) FLT CONTR switch BOTH.